As a senior member of the team with sustainability and environmental justice expertise, you’ll lead projects to ensure they meet sustainability standards that center people, not the technology.
Specifically, you are:
- A practitioner with a total of 7+ years of professional experience with both design thinking and the built environment (e.g., sustainability, environmental justice, climate action, master planning, urban planning, construction, etc);
- Adept at translating research findings into concrete and actionable guidelines for your team and for clients alike;
- A strong writer who moves your audience through clear, compelling, and accessible language;
- Experienced and comfortable engaging with community members historically excluded from planning and design processes;
- Comfortable and confident discussing issues around equity and justice;
- Are based in New York City (or can commute to New York City once we return to in-person work).
Your key responsibilities
- Leading a multidisciplinary team and project partners through equity-centered research and design activities across the project timeline;
- Facilitating internal and external project management workflows, client workshops, presentations and collaborative work sessions;
- Leading the team in sustainability and resiliency planning, principles of sustainability and environmental justice, site and landscape design for urban and natural areas, community-based planning, and site inventory/analysis;
- Working with the business development team to shape pitches, business proposals, and case studies;
- Adding to our culture of play, discovery and making.
If this sounds like you, please send your résumé and a cover letter to: