Business Development Associate
You are a talented verbal and written communicator, adept at capturing both the big picture and the subtle nuances of a matter. Your business-oriented mindset drives you to frame challenges and solutions in a compelling way, while your attention to detail means you catch every typo out of place. As a Business Development Associate, you’ll work directly with Openbox leadership to shape the future of the studio by creating content for business development and managing related operations.
Specifically, you are:
- Worked 3-5 years in the design or architecture and engineering industry;
- Have a portfolio of stellar writing samples that showcases your design/business thinking and writing;
- Adept at both collaborating and working independently;
- Take the initiative, whether it’s to offer strategic perspectives or to structure your own workflow;
- Comfortable and confident discussing issues around equity and justice;
- Are based in the Tri-State area and/or can reasonably commute to New York City for regular meetings.
Your key responsibilities
- Managing the proposal creation process from start to finish
- Tracking activities in the pipeline
- Driving conversations with leadership to shape proposals
- Researching background information on a potential project (e.g. the client organization, relevant local culture or history, outside inspiration)
- Synthesizing research findings into compelling questions for framing a scope of work
- Collaborating with the design team to write about our work, in the form of case studies, blog posts, newsletters, etc.
- Supporting the Creative Director with calendar management and studio-related activities
- Adding to our culture of play, discovery, and making